Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sheeps and lambs on my long slumber from singlehood ( Wedding day's eve countdown)

Tonight, I would like to see the night slipping away. I would watch the transition from night, dawn to day.

I would let my mind wonder, wander, and discover. I would let the mighty hand of time bring me to the dearest and fondest part of my life, and feel its moment with every tick; no closure, no end in sight. Just a man facing time and his future.

It's been a long time since I have this kind of moment. My senses are killing me. I see the darkness out there blurred by glowing lights from the ground. I feel the heaviness of parents' breathing due to the suffocating anxiety of the next day. I hear the silence of the night on the workers dotting the high-rise building construction from afar. I smell the drench of the waterways flowing underneath a dead stream. I touch the tinge under my soles from the cold floor to the lively perceptive soul inside. Outside, I plunge myself to the expanse of possibilities.

A lone airplane slicing the yawning distance between those left behind and those moving forward. I sit still, in a distant horizon.

I see a man, who has submitted himself to the trials of life. Sometimes he wins, sometimes he loses. But he has words for me.

"If you are going to get married, look for a woman who understands you, not necessarily understanding you every time; who accepts you, but not entirely accepting you; who supports you and stands by you. Look for a woman whom you can communicate with the ordinariness of the day, and whom you can believe in."

Yes Tatay (father), I have met and found that woman. And tomorrow, I am going to get married with her.

And sleep comes uninvited and unwelcome, like the night after a long joyous day, surrendering to the certainty and inevitability of the next day.

6 comments:

  1. kuya pol! congrats! have a happy married life! - BB/Celeste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dios mabalos BB.. that's my goal, and each day is a step towards a happy married life.. napuon pa lang ako.. :))

      Delete
  2. I am so proud of you for taking this jump, Men...more than a man! Much love, Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you erika.. yeah, more than a man to choose to have one woman for a lifetime.. :)

      Delete
  3. Kuya Men! I'm so happy for you. Best Wishes. Have a fruitful married life. hehe.. xoxo - Iman from PSBA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iman, thank you.. fruits of the married life will follow, hopefully soon..:)

      Delete